Católica Medical School is located at 2635-631 Rio de Mouro, near the Tagus Park technology park and can be found through the following GPS coordinates: 38°45'04.7 "N 9°18'44.8 "W.
How to get to Católica Medical School with the Shuttle service:
The Catholic University of Portugal ensures the transport of all its students, teaching and non-teaching staff, through a regular and free shuttle service (buses) between the Train Stations of Sete Rios (Lisbon), Oeiras and the Faculty of Medicine (Sintra).
Please find below the timetables and stopping places of this service:
|Departure: Sete Rios||Arrival: FM UCP|
|7.30 a.m.||8.15 a.m. (connection via Est. Oeiras)|
|12.00 a.m.||01.45 p.m. (connection via Est. Oeiras)|
|Departure: FM UCP||Arrival: Sete Rios|
|01.15 p.m.||2 p.m. (connection via Est. Oeiras)|
|5.15 p.m.||6 p.m. (connection via Est. Oeiras)|
|7.15 p.m.||8 p.m. (connection via Est. Oeiras)|
Note: Information updated on 05/11.
To use the shuttle you must present your UCP student card to the driver.
*This schedule will be in vigour 5 days a week from Monday to Friday, starting November 08th to January 14th, 2022.
How to get to Católica Medical School by public transport:
- Through the railway lines Lisboa-Sintra | Lisboa-Cascais;
- By public transport (Vimeca Transportes), on the following bus lines: No. 140 (Cacém - S. Marcos); No. 112 (Oeiras - Belas); No. 119 (Paço de Arcos, North Station - UCP University Campus); No. 125 (Paço de Arcos, North Station - Talaíde) ; No. 15 (Marquês de Pombal - UCP University Campus).
Vimeca Transports Schedule
|Departure: Cacém (Station)||Arrival: FM UCP|
|7.20 a.m.||7.30 a.m.*|
|8.10 a.m.||8.20 a.m.*|
|9.10 a.m.||9.20 a.m.*|
|11.15 a.m.||11.25 a.m.*|
|1h15 p.m.||1.25 p.m.*|
|Departure: FM UCP||Arrival: Cacém (Station)|
|10.10 a.m.||10.20 a.m.*|
|12.15 p.m.||12.25 p.m.*|
|2.15 p.m.||2.25 p.m.*|
|2.55 p.m.||3.05 p.m.*|
|4.15 p.m.||4.25 p.m.*|
|4.55 p.m.||5.05 p.m.*|
|6.05 p.m.||6.15 p.m.*|
*Estimated time of arrival
This schedule will be in vigour 5 days a week from Monday to Friday, starting October 14th.
Note: In order to use the Vimeta Transportes service, it is necessary to present a valid transport pass or ticket.
How to get to Católica Medical School by private transport:
- By A5, Lisbon-Cascais motorway - exit in Cacém/Porto Salvo;
- On the IC 19 - exit nº 9 (EN 249-3 Paço de Arcos/São Marcos/Cacém).
How to get to the Health Units?
Católica Medical School will take all necessary measures to assure transport and/or accommodation for students whose health centres or units are located far from the Católica Medical School building and not served by public transports.
Regarding the placement of students at health units (national and/or international), Católica Medical School guarantees that students will have:
- Assistance with the cost of transport;
- Accommodation guaranteed and supported by FM-UCP, whenever the health centre is located more than 40km away from the FM-UCP building on the Sintra campus;
- Transport from the FM-UCP building, on the Sintra campus, to the health centres will be provided by a free shuttle service for students, teachers, non-teachers and researchers.
The Municipality of Sintra and the Municipality of Oeiras will provide the (free) shuttle service from the FM-UCP building, on the Sintra campus, to the Hospital da Luz Oeiras for students, teachers, non-teachers and researchers.
The Catholic University of Portugal has a Feminine University Residence (RUF), with the purpose of providing accommodation facilities in favourable economic conditions to UCP's female university students who, due to the distance from their family residence, need to move to and stay in Lisbon.
The RUF is located halfway from the metro stations of Cidade Universitária and Entre-Campos. It is also close to the Sete Rios station, where you can access the shuttle service to the Faculty of Medicine on the Sintra campus.
Feminine University Residence
Rua Diogo Macedo, nº5
Tel: 21 795 87 61 / 21 795 85 49