This elective CU is a part of the training offer in the 2nd year.
Intended learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences to be developed by the students)
- Know the actions and mechanisms of action of main drugs: alcohol, nicotine, opiates, ketamine, psychedelics, cannabinoids, cocaine, stimulants, and others;
- Know the medical and legal concepts associated with drug us;
- Know the psychological, physical and social aspects related to drug use;
- Know the pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies for drug related disorders;
- Know the main therapeutic properties of drugs, and the related adverse events.
- Interpret clinical cases of patients with drug use disorder;
- Evaluate and propose a simple treatment plan of patient with alcohol use disorder;
- Critically evaluate the risk benefit ratio concerning therapeutic use of drugs.
- Develop empathy and scientifically based attitudes towards drug and alcohol use disorders, considering them mental disorders;
- Develop a scientific attitude towards complex and controversial issues related to therapeutic use of drugs.
- Introduction and basic concepts
- Law and drugs
- Biological, social and psychological features of druse use disorders
- Mental disorders associated with drug use
- Mechanisms of action of alcohol and drugs
- Treatment of drug use disorders
- Therapeutic use of drugs
5 PBL tutorials
Outpatient clinics for alcohol use disorders and interview with ketamine users patients, and case discussion.
- Alcohol and ketamine case interview, presentation with diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Presentation on risk benefit ratio of therapeutic use of drugs.