Esta UC Optativa pertence à oferta formativa de 2.º ano.
Objetivos de aprendizagem (conhecimentos, aptidões e competências a desenvolver pelos estudantes)
The main objectives are:
- Describe SBE as a technique and apply their core stages;
- Describe and apply the theories, best practices and skills related to SBE;
- Describe the elements of a well-designed SBE to achieve the best learner outcomes;
- Develop, prepare and facilitate learner-focused simulation scenarios using best practices;
- Explore and apply the crisis resource management (CRM) principles;
- Describe the non-technical skills and their impact;
- Explore the ABCDE approach;
- Describe the debriefing phases;
- Demonstrate and apply the techniques and tools to effectively debrief, including difficult situations;
- Explore the potential and challenges of training in different types of simulators;
- Implement an effective SBE program.
These objectives served as the basis for the definition of the pedagogical plan. The selected methods and techniques will maximize the students’ learning outcomes, as active agents, and engage them in an interactive and immersive learning environment.
The following topics will be addressed:
Introduction to the simulation principles
- SBE as a technique and apply their core stages;
- Theories, best practices and skills related to SBE.
Introduction to the simulation models and scenario design
- Elements of a well-designed SBE to achieve the best learner outcomes;
- Development, preparation and facilitation of learner-focused simulation scenarios using best practices.
Introduction to the CRM fundamentals and ABCDE approach
- CRM principles;
- Non-technical skills and their impact;
- ABCDE approach.
Basic debriefing knowledge and techniques
- Debriefing phases;
- Techniques and tools to effectively debrief, including difficult situations.
Hands-on training in psychomotor skills and critical/complex clinical cases
- Potential and challenges of training in different types of simulators;
- Implementation of an effective SBE program.